12 July 2010

Happy Late Rebellion Day

Coulda sworn there was something I was going to write about today. Huh. Oh well.

Hey, do you read Epbot.com? You remember Cake Wrecks(.com), right? The creator, Jen, decided to start a personal blog for her personal thoughts on her not-so-personal website, epbot.com (epbot being a combination of Epcot--and if you don't know the Epcot reference, you don't read Cake Wrecks enough--and robot, something she's into). It's cute. Anyway, if you read that already then you've seen this. If not, then here it is.

As she said in her post, it gets a little odd at the end, but I can't stop watching it. It's just so well done. And I realize it's a little late, being that it's well after the Fourth of July at this point, but I wasn't in town on the 4th so here it is now (oh yeah! That's what I was going to write about! Well, later.).




I dare you not to watch this more than once. I DARE YOU!

Perhaps it's just me in a patriotic mood, or perhaps it was the entire "John Adams" series the Husband and I saw. (John Adams turns out to be one of the most influential founding fathers we had, but the history books were never kind to him and rarely gave him his rightful dues.) At any rate, I've been in the mood for Revolutionary War-era things lately and this fun video fit in nicely with that. Also, feel free to research the era on your own; it's a fascinating time period.

Happy late Independence Day, America. You rock.

5 comments:

Ryann said...

Loved that video!! Thanks for sharing it!

Karie said...

That was freakin' awesome. Thanks for sharing!


And I always intend to study up on John (and Abigail!) Adams, but I'm easily distracted....

it's just lisa said...

i had to watch the video without sound because my husband was napping... i have a feeling i missed something.

i have been wanting to call you abbbbbby... i miss you tons. i'm not even kidding.

from: your long lost friend

elesa said...

I want to watch it again, but I could never refuse a dare. I bet Ben Franklin was really like that.

greta said...

the song rocks, but the video is a bit creepy. now i'll be singing that song the rest of the day. not bad....